A further discussion of the mechanical part of the intellectual center: Im. The study of centers, especially as they are compared to each other, suggests that Im has a quite different purpose, structure and process.
A further discussion of the mechanical part of the intellectual center: Im. The study of centers, especially as they are compared to each other, suggests that Im has a quite different purpose, structure and process. Ouspensky was clearly fascinated with this mechanism and wrote about it in his Psychology of Man’s Possible Evolution. The purpose of this class study was to consider Ouspensky’s idea, its inconsistency with other of his own ideas and Gurdjieff’s ideas as expressed in his lectures In Search of the Miraculous. This paper contains further considerations of the center activity found in man’s reality process structure. There are references to Brain Systems.
- A Necessary Apology to Mr. Ouspensky (Thanks. But no thanks. Please accept our utmost, most sincere gratitude)
- Ouspensky’s Remarkable Account of the Im (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)
- Diagram: Ouspensky’s Explanation of the Im (Quoted from the text of Psychology of Man’s Possible Evolution)
- Diagram: Organization of the Five Common Centers
- Diagram: Impressions and Models in the Process of Thought
- Welcome to the Developed Psychology (21st Century Equipment for 21st Century Thought)
- Some Brain System Abbreviations (If you still haven’t read Brain Systems)
- Diagram: The Placement of the Im Center with Respect to Adjacent Brain System Components
- Sensations Originating in the Eye
- When Im Goes Bad (Vindicating Ouspensky, Sort of)
- Have FUN, FUN, FUN With Your Im (Im Games You Can Play at Home or With Friends)
- Diagram: Sustained Geometries (Explains an Im game from the above list)
- A Few Final Notes on the Im